The first modern trampolines were built by a couple of University of Iowa gymnasts in 1936.
Since then, they’ve been used by the US Navy Flight School to train pilots and navigators in spatial orientation, by NASA for astronaut training, and for competitive and recreational purposes.
Early competitions were held mostly in colleges and schools. The first world competition was held in 1964 in London. That was the year a PE instructor at the University of Louisiana, Jeff Hennessey, became the first coach of the US Trampoline Team.
Trampolining became an Olympic sport at the 2000 Summer Games in Sydney. There are three divisions of the Olympic sport – synchronized trampoline, tumbling, and double mini-trampoline. Each country is allowed to have one man and one woman representative.
On a competitive trampoline, (and by the way ours are NOT this springy) trampolinists can reach heights of 33 feet! Two countries perform side by side on two trampolines.
How old do you have to be to jump on the trampolines?
Jumping on the trampolines is suitable for all ages at Altitude Trampoline Park!
What should I wear?
Wear comfortable clothes such as shorts, sweats, and t-shirts. No sharp objects such as belt buckles or clothing studs. You may not wear shoes on the trampolines. Altitude socks only. No jewelry is permitted on the trampolines. Refer to our park rules for more details.
does altitude trampoline park have or sell food?
Yes, Altitude Trampoline Park sells foods and drinks. Food and drinks bought from outside are not permitted in our facilities. Exceptions are made when you are hosting a birthday party where dessert is allowed.
Can I purchase tickets online?
Yes, you can book jump time online including fitness classes, parties, and more online by clicking on the “Buy a Pass” button found on the homepage of every altitude trampoline park’s website.
Do I have to purchase tickets in advance?
No, however, time slots often fill up quickly and without a reservation, there is no guarantee space will be available.
Is altitude trampoline park open or closed?
Altitude Trampoline Park is open. You can always reach out to the one closes to you.
Is altitude trampoline park open on Sundays?
Yes, Altitude Trampoline Park open on Sundays
What time does altitude trampoline park open?
Generally, Altitude Trampoline Park opens on Monday to Thursday from 10:00 am to 8:00 pm
On Friday to Saturday, we open 10:00 am to 10:00 pm and on Sunday, 10:00 am to 8:00 pm.
Does altitude trampoline park have wifi?
Yes, we have free wifi in our trampoline parks.
Do I have to sign a waiver?
Yes, everyone who jumps on our trampolines must first sign our waiver. Those under 18 must have the waiver signed by their parent or legal guardian.
How much does altitude trampoline park cost?
The amount you will pay to jump at altitude trampoline park
Does altitude trampoline park require masks?
Yes, in this era of COVID, Altitude Trampoline Park requires good hygiene practices including safe distance keeping and face masks.
Is altitude trampoline park a franchise?
Yes, Altitude trampoline park can be franchised. There are Altitude Trampoline Park franchises in about 28 states in the United States.
Does altitude trampoline park have a weight limit?
Yes, the maximum weight is 300 pounds
Who owns altitude trampoline park?
Curt Skallerup and Jeff Rutten are the founding partners of Altitude while Mike Rotondo is the current CEO of Altitude Trampoline Park
Park Rules – Safety FIRST!
Who can jump
- Every person who jumps on our trampolines must first provide a valid/signed Altitude Trampoline Park waiver.
- Those under 18 must have the waiver signed by their parent or legal guardian.
- No one under the influence of drugs or alcohol is permitted on the trampolines.
- Do not jump if you are pregnant or have other health limitations.
- Jump within your ability
- Customers may not sit or lie on the trampolines. Exit the trampolines if you need to rest.
- Pushing, wrestling, tackling, running, racing, playing tag, and horseplay of any kind is strictly forbidden.
- Customers may not touch, climb, lean, or hang on to any of the top pads or netting inside the trampoline areas.
- Always jump and land on two feet and never jump or land on the padding. Never land on your head.
- If you’re falling, try to bring your arms, legs, and head into a ball position.
- Only one person is allowed per jumping surface.
- Double bouncing is strictly prohibited.
- No double flips or flips or tricks over the pads. Single flips are permitted but no more than 2 in a row.
- Customers can bounce and flip off the sidewalls, but they must land on the first sidewall-adjoining trampoline.
- Customers must be in control of their body at all times.
- Spitting and profanity are prohibited.
About apparel, accessories, and objects
- Jumpers must wear the valid-colored wristband at all times during jumping.
- No belt buckles, clothing studs, jewelry, key chains, or sharp objects are permitted on the trampolines.
- No glass, balls, phones, cameras, or other objects or equipment are permitted on the trampolines.
- Only Altitude socks are permitted on the trampolines.
- Customers may not have anything in their mouths (gum, candy, etc.) while on the trampolines.
- No food or drink is permitted on the trampolines.
- Customers may not have anything in their pockets while on the trampolines.
Pay attention to the rules
- Adhere to these rules and additional rules which are posted on site for featured areas of the park.
- Adhere to the directions of court monitors and other park staff at all times.
Our Park Was Designed for Your Safety.
Altitude Trampoline Park was planned, manufactured, and constructed for maximum safety. Click here for more info.
Soft Trampoline Walls
Trampolines of yesteryear left jumpers exposed to tumbling off onto the ground and it frequently resulted in injuries. We’ve eliminated this danger by completely surrounding our trampolines with soft but strong, 8-ft-high trampoline walls. These walls are SO strong jumpers can bounce off them and back onto the trampoline floor.
Where the soft, 8-ft-high trampoline walls end, safety netting continues for a distance of 5 ft, high enough to contain all jumpers. The safety netting can withstand up to 150 lbs per square inch!
Our trampolines have no gaps to fall through, nor are there any exposed springs. All steel and springs are covered by 3 inches of padding.
Our foam pit contains over four feet of soft foam over a trampoline floor. Court monitors are present at all times to ensure foam pit jumpers follow our safety rules. Diving headfirst into the foam pit is very strictly prohibited.
Our staff performs regular inspections of all components of our trampolines to ensure that everything is always in proper working order.
Your Safety is Our Number One Priority.
|We’re extremely proud of our staff at Altitude Trampoline Park. Every employee is dedicated to your safety and to providing professional customer service and attention.|
You’ll find there’s much more to our staff than friendly faces. An ability to enforce our safety rules is a prerequisite to employment. Every candidate is screened for qualities and experience we feel will contribute to the safety of our customers.
Court monitors are the lifeguards of our trampoline park. They undergo many days of training including classroom-style education, video presentations, group discussions, and emergency safety drills.
Monthly Safety Reviews
While we have a zero tolerance for injuries, accidents do happen. We go to great lengths to be prepared to respond quickly. One of the ways we keep safety in the forefront of our employee’s minds is to hold monthly meetings to review best safety practices.
Zero Tolerance for Drugs Policy
Subsequent to employment, any employee believed to be under the influence of drugs or alcohol will be dismissed. And this goes for customers as well!
|Trampolining is an inherently dangerous activity. Jump at your own risk.|