Trampolines are pretty expensive, and it’s important to follow proper measures in taking care of it. Taking care not only makes your trampoline safe to use but will also extend its life span as well.
The winter season is your biggest enemy when it comes to trampoline maintenance. But if you follow these simple tips on taking care of your trampoline below, your trampoline will survive no matter the weather. With that said, here are a few simple tips on how to take care of your trampoline the proper way.
Trampoline Care and Maintenance Tips
Setting it Up
- When setting up a trampoline, it’s important to place it in a location where it’s free of any hazards or any kinds of debris. If not set up properly, there’s a high chance of danger if not being prevented soon enough.
- Placing your trampoline in a proper location is the key to extending its life. If you place it underneath the tree, leaves will fall into it and may accumulate from time to time on the trampoline. Old leaves that accumulate over time will break down your trampoline.
Do Regular Checkups
- It is definitely important to do a regular trampoline checkup. You don’t have to do it every day; once a week should be enough. An unmaintained trampoline doesn’t break down overnight; it will tear apart over time if not being cared upon.
- Below is a list of things that you should have a look at when doing regular trampoline checkups.
- Holes or tears in the jumping pad
- Sagging on the pad
- Bent frames
- If you think that jumping on a trampoline with shoes on is good, then you need to get your eyes checked. This tip is pretty self-explanatory. So avoid using shoes whenever you go in for a jump.
Be Mindful of the Weight Limit
- The weight limit is something most trampoline owners fail to follow. One thing you can do is to limit the number of people every time there’s going to use the trampoline. If you follow this rule, you will preserve your trampoline’s life for a long time.
Buy a Trampoline Cover
- If you don’t have one, then it’s time to buy a trampoline cover to protect it from whatever weather may come. Of course, you can just take the trampoline back to the garage by disassembling it but doing so is so time-consuming. That’s why investing in a cover is the better option as it not only protects your trampoline from the snow but also protects it from the sun’s UV rays during summer as well.
Invest in Stakes
- If ever you live in a country where winds are acting drastically crazy, then a stake will come in handy to keep your trampoline in place. So open your wallet and buy some trampoline stakes. Because if you don’t, the next thing you’ll find is your trampoline flying around in your neighborhood like a UFO during stormy weather.
- Trampoline care is a process that goes on forever. So keep an eye on your trampoline at all times and do proper maintenance. Trampolines are expensive, and that’s why taking good care of it prevents you from buying another one which can be costly.
How to take care of your trampoline in winter?
As the temperatures start to drop, you may be wondering how to take care of your trampoline. After all, you don’t want it to become a breeding ground for mold and mildew.
Here are a few tips to help you keep your trampoline in tip-top shape all winter long.
1. First, make sure to take the time to clean your trampoline. This means removing all of the debris that has accumulated over the course of the season. This will help to prevent mold and mildew from taking hold.
2. Once your trampoline is clean, make sure to cover it tightly with a tarp or other protective cover. This will help to keep it clean and dry all winter long.
3. Finally, if you live in an area that gets particularly cold in the winter, you may want to consider storing your trampoline indoors.
This will help to ensure that it stays in good condition until spring arrives.
How to protect your trampoline from rain?
Jumping on a trampoline is one of the best ways to have fun and stay fit. However, if you don’t take care of your trampoline, it won’t be long before it starts to show signs of wear and tear.
One of the biggest threats to a trampoline is rain. When water gets into the fabric, it can cause the springs to rust and the mat to mildew. If you want to protect your trampoline from rain, there are a few things you can do.
1. First, make sure that the trampoline is covered when not in use. This will help to keep water from getting on the fabric.
2. Second, if you live in an area with a lot of rainfall, consider investing in a Trampoline Rain Cover. These covers are specifically designed to keep water off of the trampoline, and they can be a great way to prolong the life of your investment.
3. Finally, be sure to inspect the trampoline regularly for any signs of damage. If you catch a problem early, you’ll be able to fix it before it becomes a big issue.
By taking these simple steps, you can help to ensure that your trampoline lasts for years to come.
How to protect your trampoline from the sun?
One way to help extend the life of your trampoline is to protect it from the sun. The sun’s UV rays can damage the trampoline’s material, causing it to weaken and eventually break down.
There are a few ways to protect your trampoline from the sun.
One is to cover it when it’s not in use. You can buy a special cover that’s designed to fit over a trampoline, or you can use a tarp or even a sheet.
Another option is to keep your trampoline in the shade. If you have a backyard with trees, you can place the trampoline underneath them. Or, you can set up an umbrella or a tarp next to the trampoline.
Finally, you can buy a trampoline that’s made with UV-resistant material. This will cost more upfront, but it will save you money in the long run because you won’t have to replace it as often.
How to take care of your trampoline in spring?
Spring is a great time to get outdoors and enjoy your trampoline! Use these tips to keep it in top shape all year round.
1. Check the springs for signs of wear or damage and replace them if necessary. If you aren’t comfortable doing this yourself, ask a professional to help you out.
2. Inspect the frame and mat for any rips, holes, or other damage. These should be repaired as soon as possible to prevent further damage.
3. Make sure the area around your trampoline is clear of debris, such as rocks or sticks. This will help keep the jumping surface safe and clean.
4. Take a look at the netting to ensure it is in good condition and securely attached. If not, replace it with new netting.
5. Give the entire trampoline a good cleaning. Use a hose to remove any dirt or debris and then scrub down the surface with soapy water.
By following these simple tips, you can keep your trampoline in great condition all spring long!
Trampolines are a great way for families to spend time together and stay active, but it’s important to remember that safety should always come first.
Trampoline safety should be a priority for all trampoline owners. There are many ways to ensure your trampoline is safe and properly functioning. By following the proper maintenance tips, you can keep your family safe while enjoying your trampoline.
Follow these simple tips to keep your trampoline in good condition and minimize the risk of injury. Have fun bouncing on your trampoline!