Coastal states like Florida and so many other states are no stranger to hurricanes. And while most people think about securing their homes and belongings, they often forget about their outdoor toys – like trampolines.
If you have a trampoline in your yard, it’s important to take steps to secure it before a hurricane hits. Otherwise, it could become a dangerous projectile that can damage property or injure people.
Here are some tips on how to secure a trampoline during a hurricane:
1. Remove any loose objects from around the trampoline. This includes toys, lawn furniture, and anything else that could be blown around by strong winds.
2. If possible, move the trampoline to a sheltered area, like a garage or shed.
3. If you can’t move the trampoline, anchor it down with ropes or straps. Be sure to secure it to something heavy and sturdy, like a tree or fence post.
4. Cover the trampoline with a tarp or hurricane shutter. This will help protect it from high winds and flying debris.
5. Disconnect any safety nets or enclosures around the trampoline. These can be damaged by high winds and become dangerous hazards.
By following these tips, you can help ensure that your trampoline is safe during a hurricane. And while it’s important to take steps to protect your property, remember that your safety is always the most important thing. So if there’s any doubt about the safety of your trampoline, it’s best to err on the side of caution and take it down completely.